The weather over the past few days have numerically been quite summer-like. However the actual temperature feels slightly cooler than what was advertised. It could be the weather predictions missing the mark yet again. However even a stronger case could be made for the change of seasons. Today was a sunny beautiful day that boasted a high of 79 degrees Fahrenheit. However when stepping outside it felt more around 65. In order to enjoy the fresh air on the first whole day of the holiday weekend, I instantly grabbed my heather gray short-sleeved turtleneck to wear with my jean skirt. It was the perfect piece for the day–comfortable, not too hot, shielded me from the Indian Summer breeze, and still worked with a skirt and sandals. I realized that it will probably be worn again come Tuesday when I’m debating on the weather/work appropriate attire I will wear post-holiday BBQ. The short-sleeved turtleneck may have been the answer to many a tween-season outfit conundrum I have had over these past years. What a relief!
by Rachel Yeomans | September 4th, 2009
- Buy your very own edition of TheWorkingWardrobe.Print here. While you're there, subscribe to our weekly email list and download our app. Then you can enjoy TheWorkingWardrobe anytime and anywhere. Enjoy!
- Goodbye TheWorkingWardrobe. Hello Lit with a Twist.
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: J.Crew Ski Sweater
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Faux Leather Detail Zip Front Long Sweater by Calvin Klein
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Joie Olivia Knee-High Boots
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: H&M Oversized Cowl-Neck Sweater
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Rockport Total Motion Herringbone Boot
Fast Free Shipping Worldwide