About four copies of the novel To Kill a Mockingbird sit on shelves and book cases throughout my family’s house. It is my mother’s favorite book and favorite movie. And throughout the years of hard times and deep talks, Mom would always say to me, “Pull an Atticus Finch, Rach.” She said it in reference to the admirable character in the novel who stated the quote published below in this Polyvore collection put together by user ingrid. I always took this advice to heart and continue to reference it today. So to inspire us to think outside of ourselves this week, let’s all pull a bit from Atticus Finch!
by Rachel Yeomans | October 31st, 2011
- Buy your very own edition of TheWorkingWardrobe.Print here. While you're there, subscribe to our weekly email list. Then you can enjoy TheWorkingWardrobe anytime and anywhere. Enjoy!
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: MARC BY MARC JACOBS Classic Q
- Toast to Tuesday: Brown, Yellow and Green for a Fun Spring
- Smart Business Bargain: Free 11-Piece Beauty Bag With Purchase
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Boden Retro Pocket Dress
- Monday Start-Up: A Worker’s Right to Coffee
- Speaking Of Fashion: Fashion Across the World, Watches Get Crazy, Big Data and What That Means for Retailers