I personally am an enormous fan of Tumblr. I in fact have another blog on the platform! I came across the following post from Fashion Hype on items that every closet needs. Many include pieces specific to the working wardrobe! Here are a few of the items:
- Two pairs of dark slacks – either black or navy blue. Go with a slim cut in a wool crepe or a season-less cotton. One pair of dark slacks for the evening with a fuller cut. These can be a fabric that drapes either a light wool or jersey mix.
- Two pairs of jeans -one hemmed for heels and the other hemmed for flats. Jeans that are hemmed for heels you should see just the toe box.
- Three skirts – a pencil skirt, a A-line skirt which incidentally looks good on all body types and a skirt in a neutral fabric so you can mix and match with others items like tweed, wool or boucle.
- Shirts – A white button front shirt and a few t-shirts.
- Three sweaters – The fabric should be a lightweight, merino or cashmere.
- One should be black and match your black trousers.
- The second one should be more neutral like off-white, camel or taupe.
- The third sweater should just simple be a sweater that you love and feel great in. Nothing too dressy – one you can wear to the office and with jeans.
Read the rest on her original post HERE!