Today’s Wall Street Journal declared that Boston-based private-equity firm Advent International Corp. is going to buy out teen clothing company Charlotte Russe. The selling price: $380 million. This may seem a risky turnover considering the competition offered by Forever 21 and H&M, however as Advent boasts having the workout retail haven Lululemon Athletica in its portfolio, this may just be a merger made in heaven. And considering the school year is about to start, Charlotte Russe may see some positive changes in both its fitting room capacities and its stock shares. Only time will tell.
HomeFrom the EditorWhat do Lululemon Athletica and Charlotte Russe Have in Common? Their Private Equity Firm.
by Rachel Yeomans | August 25th, 2009
- Buy your very own edition of TheWorkingWardrobe.Print here. While you're there, subscribe to our weekly email list and download our app. Then you can enjoy TheWorkingWardrobe anytime and anywhere. Enjoy!
- Goodbye TheWorkingWardrobe. Hello Lit with a Twist.
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: J.Crew Ski Sweater
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Faux Leather Detail Zip Front Long Sweater by Calvin Klein
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Joie Olivia Knee-High Boots
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: H&M Oversized Cowl-Neck Sweater
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Rockport Total Motion Herringbone Boot
Fast Free Shipping Worldwide