Edited by Debutante Clothing
Happy Friday to you all! It is time for the weekly roundup of the fantastic Links à la Mode. This week features the “Do’s and Don’ts of Style” – a timeless theme that we need to each remind ourselves of before we walk out the door. Courtesy of the Independent Fashion Bloggers, you’ll find some of the best style guides here this week. Guides such as Mischief My Dear’s advice on finding the perfect LBD and Fasshonaburu’s Spring 2010 trends guide. But beware the urge to dress too sexy. 39th and Broadway tells you why toddlers and stilettos don’t mix, and Squareectomy questions the taste level of visible thongs. You will even see TheWorkingWardrobe take on accessories as the business icebreaker! Enjoy and Happy Friday!
Links à la Mode : October 1st
- 39th and Broadway - – Toddlers, Stilettos, Thongs, Oh My!
- Awakened Aesthetic - – features t-shirts by the Samburu Project, which provides drinking water to the Samburu District in Northern Kenya.
- Bobbins And Bombshells - – veiled headband fascinator DIY tutorial
- Debutante Clothing - – vintage paper dresses that are anything but disposable
- Fasshonaburu - – Sure peaked shoulders and sequins and tribal were on the runways… again. But here are five NEW trends to come out of Spring 2010 NY Fashion Week!
- fête à fête - – Vouelle’s new Fall-Winter 2009-2010 shoe collection, straight from Paris!
- Friend in Fashion - – A vintage tale: gorgeous lace & bows
- Hong Kong Fashion Geek - – VPL’s anatomy-inspired spring collection, and how to replicate the skeletal fascination right now
- Idiosyncratic Style - – Awesome style from the brit drama Skins
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – When should you start charging money for your blogging experience?
- Jewelrywhore - – Madeleine Albright is kicking butt with her brooches
- Mishief My Dear - – four versions of the Little Black Dress that should be in every woman’s wardrobe
- Oranges and Apples - – A guide to vintage shopping in Berlin
- Squareectomy - – More Exposed Bits: the less flattering side of the fashion world
- Super Kawaii Mama - – Travel Essentials to keep it glam! The secrets to staying fancy in flight.
- The Coveted - – Do Fashion Blogs Glamorize Smoking?
- The Demoiselles - – Elle answers a reader’s question about being an in-betweeny – not quite plus size, not quite “regular”
- The Fashion Planner - – shows you how to get the look of Marc by Marc Jacobs.
- The Working Wardrobe - – perfecting the business “ice breaker” by working your accessories (that don’t thaw out your assets).
- Where Is That From? - – eco fashion show featuring local Toronto designers and design collectives