This week, I stumbled upon the Disney movies “Tangled” and “Cinderella” on TV. The heroines in these two films don’t let setbacks deter them from achieving their goals; they just need a little help when they get discouraged. I’ve found you some awesome links to inspire you to reach for your dreams, no fairy godmother required!
- What you wear influences both how you feel about yourself and how people treat you. Let’s give them every reason to help you towards your dream! Check out our editor’s latest post on inspirational work looks! (Do you have a favorite outfit that inspires you? We’d love to feature it! Send your photos to email@example.com)
- No one succeeds without first experiencing failure, as much as we hate it. You’ve got to show those people that they’re wrong! For inspiration, take a look at these rejection letters that famous and influential people (including Madonna, Andy Warhol and U2) used as motivation, via ‘Distractify’.
- Sometimes it’s necessary to give up a dream. But you never know, what you may see as a failure can lead you to a new path that makes you even happier! ’DailyMail’ gives examples of people who benefited from relieving themselves of unrealistic expectations. It’s important to stay open to new dreams!
- Before you give up that dream though, make sure you’re doing so for the right reasons! From ‘Tiny Buddha’, here are 10 important questions to ask yourself before giving up on your dream. (Tip: Because you’re scared is NOT a good reason.)
- I am in love with this post from ‘Wait But Why’, entitled “Life is a Picture But You Live in a Pixel.” Don’t be so focused on the future that you forget to enjoy the dreams that have already come true!
Achieving your goals is hard work, but it will be totally worth it when you’re living your dream. As for what happens next? As Flynn Rider says, “Well that’s the good part I guess, you get to go find a new dream.”