It’s like the LinkedIn for Millennials! Monster.com is hosting a pretty nifty giveaway right now to support its new professional networking tool, BeKnown. What’s great about the giveaway – is that it is be-autiful (sorry couldn’t help it)! But actually, it kind of is. I’m proud to be part of this giveaway to offer an amazing kit – dubbed the “BeKnown Interview Survival Pack” – to TWO of you lucky professional readers that includes:
- Limited Edition Beauty Kit by Benefit Cosmetics (for the fantastic interview makeover – glamorous yet professional of course)
- Professional Business Card Holder (to make a statement when handing your future boss your business card)
- $10 Starbucks gift card (for the pick-me-up before the big day!)
Yes, you can get this entire pack valued at $70 for the cost of one blog post comment.
- Comment on this blog post answering the following question: “What is your interview beauty secret?” (You must include your email address to enter – don’t worry, it won’t be public and I won’t share it with anyone). An additional entry will be given for those who tweet their response to this question using the hashtag #BeKnownBeauty.
- You must enter between Wednesday, December 28th and Wednesday, January 11th, (before 5pm Eastern) to be eligible.
- The two winners will be randomly selected and emailed to confirm. If I don’t receive a reply from you within 24 hours, I will randomly select another winner.
- Once the winners are selected and confirmed, they will be sent their prize package, and announced on my blog and social media channels!
BeKnown is a professional networking tool that helps young professionals (or those aspiring to be) by connecting the world of networking to their Facebook pages. BeKnown helps young job seekers develop new professional connections by tapping into the networks of their Facebook friends and allowing them to easily connect, send messages, and see who among their existing contacts is connected to a company or job opportunity they are interested in.
And yes, this app also is on the iPhone (for those of you who are like me and have it glued to your hip at all times).
It’s actually a pretty neat concept. I personally am a LinkedIn and Twitter junkie, and leave Facebook for personal use. But as it is the younger demographic’s network of choice at the time being, it makes sense for them to stay on it for both uses. If you or anyone you know uses the app, I’d be curious to know your thoughts on it! For more information on the application, check it out HERE.