The shirt dress is one of the classic items we think of when referencing 1950s fashion. This iconic dress is a great reference to fashion history, but the modern-day shirt dress is just that: Modern. Every time I wear my favorite lavender shirt dress to work, I receive so many compliments that I try to make sure I wear it when I’m stressed because I know I’ll get a nice “pick-me-up”. Here are several shirt dresses that will hopefully give you the same work ego boost!
by Rachel Yeomans | August 8th, 2012
- Buy your very own edition of TheWorkingWardrobe.Print here. While you're there, subscribe to our weekly email list. Then you can enjoy TheWorkingWardrobe anytime and anywhere. Enjoy!
- Outfits Under $100: NYC Summer
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: MARC BY MARC JACOBS Classic Q
- Toast to Tuesday: Brown, Yellow and Green for a Fun Spring
- Smart Business Bargain: Free 11-Piece Beauty Bag With Purchase
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Boden Retro Pocket Dress
- Monday Start-Up: A Worker’s Right to Coffee