I admit, I have not completely bought into the peplum trend. At least not yet. I know, I’m one of the few. In my defense, it is quite difficult to find a peplum blouse or dress that works with a blazer. The peplum usually comes out right where the blazer hits at the waist, and it does anything but flatter. However I did find the blouse below that I feel would work with a one-button blazer that hit right below the shirt line (you may want to belt it to accentuate the waist). Without a blazer, I also feel the blouse works as an ideal “starter” option for those of us who may not be ready to go full peplum quite yet (present company included).
by Rachel Yeomans | July 25th, 2012
- Buy your very own edition of TheWorkingWardrobe.Print here. While you're there, subscribe to our weekly email list. Then you can enjoy TheWorkingWardrobe anytime and anywhere. Enjoy!
- Outfits Under $100: NYC Summer
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: MARC BY MARC JACOBS Classic Q
- Toast to Tuesday: Brown, Yellow and Green for a Fun Spring
- Smart Business Bargain: Free 11-Piece Beauty Bag With Purchase
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Boden Retro Pocket Dress
- Monday Start-Up: A Worker’s Right to Coffee