Do you wear Keds to work? Adidas? No matter what your comfortable shoe is, for the workplace it should not be a sneaker. When gazing at men’s footwear at work, it’s not necessarily a faux pas to have unshined shoes (although when you are sitting next to someone at a meeting who does have his shoes shined, your shoes look much cheaper than I’m sure they actually are), it’s not wearing shoes appropriate for the office. Let’s start with a good classic – this pair of Cole Haan shoes come in both brown and black, they are simple and Cole Haan is known for comfort. And they also happen to be on sale to help you make the decision to “up” your wardrobe. I will concede and say you can wear sneakers during the commute, but come that lobby, put on those work shoes. In fact you may do so at the shoe shine stand in the lobby (hint, hint).
by Rachel Yeomans | August 10th, 2012
- Buy your very own edition of TheWorkingWardrobe.Print here. While you're there, subscribe to our weekly email list. Then you can enjoy TheWorkingWardrobe anytime and anywhere. Enjoy!
- Outfits Under $100: Ocean Blues
- Smart Business Bargain: 50% Off Handbag Sale at Bluefly
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Diane Von Furstenberg Linda Sweater Wrap Dress
- Monday Start-Up: A Coffee Cup of Wine
- The Perfect Blazer
- Speaking Of Fashion: Harper’s Goes to France, Weird (and Cool) Collaborations, a Metal Magazine
Fast Free Shipping Worldwide