Usually items with polka dots are saved for spring or summer – those sunshine days that elicit a slight skip in your step. However if you add a darker background to the polka dot, you have a transition piece on your hands. For example, the dark blue Madewell skirt below with white polka dots (on sale for $69.99) is perfect for this tween summer/fall season we find ourselves in at the moment. Add a cardigan or light leather jacket for the commute – you may need it with the temperature drop!
by Rachel Yeomans | September 24th, 2012
- Buy your very own edition of TheWorkingWardrobe.Print here. While you're there, subscribe to our weekly email list. Then you can enjoy TheWorkingWardrobe anytime and anywhere. Enjoy!
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: MARC BY MARC JACOBS Classic Q
- Toast to Tuesday: Brown, Yellow and Green for a Fun Spring
- Smart Business Bargain: Free 11-Piece Beauty Bag With Purchase
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Boden Retro Pocket Dress
- Monday Start-Up: A Worker’s Right to Coffee
- Speaking Of Fashion: Fashion Across the World, Watches Get Crazy, Big Data and What That Means for Retailers