One of the most obvious recurring trends on the Fall 2012 runways was brocade. While this term technically applies to a specific fabric and the weaving technique used, the trend encompasses a broader range (think heavily embroidered or embossed surfaces, and lots of metallic sheen). While it is seen mostly as upholstery, draperies, and formal clothing, this rich and textured fabric can have a place in your work wardrobe in the upcoming autumn months. Expect to see this style hit stores soon, as I saw a good number of brocade garments available for pre-order during my search. Will you take a cue from the runways and try brocade in the boardroom?
by Emma P. | August 1st, 2012
- Buy your very own edition of TheWorkingWardrobe.Print here. While you're there, subscribe to our weekly email list. Then you can enjoy TheWorkingWardrobe anytime and anywhere. Enjoy!
- Outfits Under $100: Ocean Blues
- Smart Business Bargain: 50% Off Handbag Sale at Bluefly
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Diane Von Furstenberg Linda Sweater Wrap Dress
- Monday Start-Up: A Coffee Cup of Wine
- The Perfect Blazer
- Speaking Of Fashion: Harper’s Goes to France, Weird (and Cool) Collaborations, a Metal Magazine
Fast Free Shipping Worldwide