During many “outfit discussion” phone calls between my mother and I, we almost always quote the Working Girl phrase, “Simple, elegant, makes a statement.” It’s a phrase we both hold as fashion wisdom, and one that when applied is noticed and respected. This week’s winning look created by madped from TheWorkingWardrobe Polyvore Group holds to that phrase. So in answer to Joan Cusack’s character stating that, “It needs some bows or something,” we reply, “No it says ‘not afraid to be noticed.’” With that green blazer, you definitely aren’t afraid to be noticed – in fact get ready for people stopping you on the street to ask you where you bought it!
by Rachel Yeomans | June 26th, 2012
- Buy your very own edition of TheWorkingWardrobe.Print here. While you're there, subscribe to our weekly email list. Then you can enjoy TheWorkingWardrobe anytime and anywhere. Enjoy!
- Speaking Of Fashion: Fashion Across the World, Watches Get Crazy, Big Data and What That Means for Retailers
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Gap Slim Cropped Trousers
- Student Fashion: That’s A Wrap!
- Party Season: Top Themed Party Ideas
- Outfits Under $100: Coral and Lace
- Today’s Coveted Working Look: Tahari by Arthur S. Levine