As many of you may know, Apple hosted its big event earlier this afternoon during which they announced the release of the anticipated iPhone 5. We busy bodies are glued to our electronic devices throughout the day (and evening). How many of you will add the iPhone 5 to your workday essentials?
Here are the updates of the iPhone 5 of which to take note:
- Cost (same as iPhone 4S): $199 for the 16 GB version, $299 for the 32 GB version and $399 for the 64GB version
- Features a metal backplate flanked by glass panels that house a smaller — but better — camera sensor
- Larger screen for 6 rows of apps versus 5
- Revamped speakers
- 3 microphones and a noise-canceling earpiece
- Camera software able to take better quality pictures in low light
- New dock connector and earbuds
- Faster processor
- Faster WiFi
- Better color and screen clarity than “any other Apple device”
If you want the full tech (geeky) specifications, find them here. All in all, everything the iPhone already has is just going to be better. There wasn’t a Steve Jobs “one more thing” moment, but for those who held out getting the 4S, now may be time to switch to the 5.